Examination

Examination

There is a written examination at the end of every semester which is taken at the University of Nigeria campuses. Other or/and other centres the University may choose.

This examination consists of 70% of the total mark whereas the assignments make up the remaining 30%. Examinations will consist of questions structured to allow students to demonstrate that they have acquired appropriate knowledge and understanding. Specimen examination question is provided for every course in the study guide.

Note

  • Written, verbal, gestural and any other form of communication is strictly forbidden between students in a written examination. A student is not allowed to copy from another student or exchange ideas, formulae, images, diagrams etc in the examination. Any of these is classified as examination offence.
  • Students are not allowed to remove from the examination hall any stationary or other material supplied by the University for Examination Purposes.
  • Plagiarism is a serious assessment offence. Plagiarism entails copying and using someone else’s published and unpublished work (which includes words, images, diagrams, formulae, audio recordings, computer code, ideas and judgements, discoveries and results) intentionally or unintentionally, as if it were the student’s own.
  • Students must therefore submit works that are expressed in their own ideas and language and that is original to them.
  • The University reserves the right to use software to aid the detection of plagiarism in student’s work.
  • Direct quotation of published and unpublished work must be properly referenced, otherwise, will be counted as plagiarism and will be penalised.
  • It is assessment offence to submit work done by more than one person except where explicitly permitted in the programme specification.
  • To ensure that all assignments, essays, projects, reports, dissertations and other similar work submitted are the student’s own work and were written without the assistance of other people, except where expressly permitted, a student will be required to submit a signed declaration for all such work submitted, stating that they understand what is meant by plagiarism, and confirming that the work submitted is entirely their own and that the use of published or unpublished works of other people has been acknowledged in accordance with the University’s requirements.
  • The student has the responsibility to safeguard their assignments, essays, examination, dissertation, seminar papers to prevent from being copied by other students.