The title of the programme is Master of Business Administration (MBA) with options in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Management and Marketing.
Objectives of the Programmes
The specific objectives of the MBA degree programmes are:
- To provide understanding of the core courses in business administration.
- Students will understand the role of business and its allied discipline in the economy.
- To provide knowledge of the basic skills and tools for decision making in the discipline in the private and public sectors.
- To promote best practice in business administration by developing skilled and knowledgeable individuals in the field of business.
Level of Programme
The levels of programmes available at the University of Nigeria distance and e-learning programmes are as follows
- Master’s degree
An applicant must satisfy the relevant entrance requirements for the program. In order to be considered for admission as a Distance and E-Learning Programmes student, applicants must also submit an application that is in accordance with the procedures and deadlines set out by the University for its E-Learning Programmes.
Admission Requirements for MBA
Candidates for the MBA degree programme may have any of the following:
- First Degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Management, Marketing or Economics with second class lower division.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) degree with 3.0 GPA on 5 point scale or 2.50 GPA on a 4 point scale.
Penalty for Gaining Admission with Falsified Credentials/Certificates
The University of Nigeria warns potential students about presenting false of credentials/certificates for admission. The Senate has the power to revoke any person of any degree, diploma or other Award of the University which has been conferred upon him/her if after due investigation, the person is found to have fraudulently gained admission into the university or obtained that award. Any candidate who gained admission with false credentials would have that offer revoked and handed over to the authorities for prosecution.
Deferment of Admission
Conditions for Deferment of Admission
For a new Student to be eligible to defer his/her admission on grounds of ill-health or unforeseen circumstances, such a person must meet the following conditions:
- Must be duly registered and matriculated
- Must not owe any fees
- Must have receipts of all payments.
Procedures for Deferment of Admission:
- Apply through the director of the Centre for Distance and e-Learning
- The Application would be considered by the academic board who will then make recommendation to the Senate.